NW Indiana couple sentenced to federal prison in extortion plot
April 27, 2012 (HAMMOND, Ill.) (WLS) -- A northwest Indiana couple has been sentenced to federal prison for an extortion plot.
Juan Hacha of Hammond will spend just over seven years in prison. His wife, Ixchel Guadalupe Solano, received 3 and a half years.
Federal prosecutors say the couple extorted $54,000 from a Chicago man who had a previous relationship with Solano.
The couple made threats over the phone to make the victim believe Solano and her children would be harmed unless the victim paid the money.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 5 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days 15 min ago
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained 41 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
59 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
5 min ago