Missing Indiana boy found in Chicago
June 28, 2012 (HAMMOND, Ind.) (WLS) -- An Indiana child was found safe Thursday night in Chicago after an Amber Alert had been issued earlier in the day.
Jamari Strong was located inside a car at 103rd and Vernon. An Amber Alert was issued after he went missing about two o'clock Thursday afternoon.
Police in Hammond say the boy, his mother, her boyfriend and two others had gone to a fireworks store. While she and her boyfriend were inside, their companions took off with Strong.
Police reached out to the mother's friends who helped locate the car.
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- 'Sexting' ends Evanston HS baseball season early
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave