'Volcano sandwich' heating up Elkhart, Ind.
July 19, 2012 (ELKHART, Ind.) (WLS) -- Hundreds of people have been standing in line in Elkhart, Indiana for a sandwich.
Volcano Pizza only offers the Italian sausage sandwich two days a year.
It's an old family recipe: House-made bread with green peppers and onions.
Some people call it irresistible.
The tradition started in 1978 as a way for the owner to get through the recession.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports 9 min ago
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless 26 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in central Ill. 30 min ago
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time' 26 min ago
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
9 min ago