Ind. sheriff's deputy faces child porn charges
September 29, 2012 (INDIANAPOLIS) -- A Marion County sheriff's deputy has been fired following his arrest on child pornography charges.
The Indianapolis Star reports 29-year-old Benjamin Farson was arrested Friday on preliminary charges of distributing and possessing child pornography and child exploitation. Farson lives in Greenwood, an Indianapolis suburb.
The Sheriff's Department says Farson was fired Friday from his job at the Arrestee Processing Center in downtown Indianapolis.
Authorities say investigators found sexually explicit photographs and videos of children as young as toddlers when they searched Farson's home computer Thursday.
Farson told investigators he had accidentally downloaded the images while trying to download adult pornography.
No evidence was found that Farson had downloaded pornography on department computers.
Farson could not be reached by phone Saturday. There was no home listing in his name.
Information from: The Indianapolis Star, www.indystar.com.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan 37 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed 32 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string 30 min ago
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Emanuel: CPS graduation rate on-track to reach 82 percent in 2014
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- Man charged after car chase, Roseland bus stop crash
- Russell Wilson divorce from wife Ashton Russell announced
- AAPL shareholders to see Apple stock split
- ABC7 to Go
35 min ago
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
4 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square...
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos