Ind. sheriff's deputy faces child porn charges
September 29, 2012 (INDIANAPOLIS) -- A Marion County sheriff's deputy has been fired following his arrest on child pornography charges.
The Indianapolis Star reports 29-year-old Benjamin Farson was arrested Friday on preliminary charges of distributing and possessing child pornography and child exploitation. Farson lives in Greenwood, an Indianapolis suburb.
The Sheriff's Department says Farson was fired Friday from his job at the Arrestee Processing Center in downtown Indianapolis.
Authorities say investigators found sexually explicit photographs and videos of children as young as toddlers when they searched Farson's home computer Thursday.
Farson told investigators he had accidentally downloaded the images while trying to download adult pornography.
No evidence was found that Farson had downloaded pornography on department computers.
Farson could not be reached by phone Saturday. There was no home listing in his name.
Information from: The Indianapolis Star, www.indystar.com.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking