Ind. sheriff's deputy faces child porn charges
September 29, 2012 (INDIANAPOLIS) -- A Marion County sheriff's deputy has been fired following his arrest on child pornography charges.
The Indianapolis Star reports 29-year-old Benjamin Farson was arrested Friday on preliminary charges of distributing and possessing child pornography and child exploitation. Farson lives in Greenwood, an Indianapolis suburb.
The Sheriff's Department says Farson was fired Friday from his job at the Arrestee Processing Center in downtown Indianapolis.
Authorities say investigators found sexually explicit photographs and videos of children as young as toddlers when they searched Farson's home computer Thursday.
Farson told investigators he had accidentally downloaded the images while trying to download adult pornography.
No evidence was found that Farson had downloaded pornography on department computers.
Farson could not be reached by phone Saturday. There was no home listing in his name.
Information from: The Indianapolis Star, www.indystar.com.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side...
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos