Father's murder trial delayed in Christian Choate killing
October 1, 2012 (CROWN POINT, Ind.) (WLS) -- An Indiana judge has delayed the trial of a man charged with killing his 13-year-old son three years ago.
Riley Choate's trial has been moved from October 9 to January 7. The Hammond man is charged with murder and neglect in the death of his son Christian, whose body was found in a shallow grave.
Choate's newly appointed public defender requested the change.
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana 41 min ago
- Fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square 29 min ago
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Ford Mustang celebrates 50 years with new design 9 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- 7 in :77
33 min ago
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos