Father's murder trial delayed in Christian Choate killing
October 1, 2012 (CROWN POINT, Ind.) (WLS) -- An Indiana judge has delayed the trial of a man charged with killing his 13-year-old son three years ago.
Riley Choate's trial has been moved from October 9 to January 7. The Hammond man is charged with murder and neglect in the death of his son Christian, whose body was found in a shallow grave.
Choate's newly appointed public defender requested the change.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 17 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing 47 min ago
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp 38 min ago
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery 25 min ago
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass 38 min ago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- Ready For Spring Planting
19 min ago
- Daily Herald: Aspiring Park Ranger
22 min ago