Father's murder trial delayed in Christian Choate killing
October 1, 2012 (CROWN POINT, Ind.) (WLS) -- An Indiana judge has delayed the trial of a man charged with killing his 13-year-old son three years ago.
Riley Choate's trial has been moved from October 9 to January 7. The Hammond man is charged with murder and neglect in the death of his son Christian, whose body was found in a shallow grave.
Choate's newly appointed public defender requested the change.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park 55 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos