Toll road worker struck, killed by car on I-90 near Michigan City, Ind.
October 2, 2012 (MICHIGAN CITY, Ind.) (WLS) -- A maintenance worker was struck and killed by a car early Tuesday morning on I-90 near the Michigan City exit.
Daniel J. Miller, 52, of LaPorte, was a 17-year employee of the Toll Road. He was getting equipment out of the back of a pickup truck on the shoulder of the tollway when he was struck by a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe. The driver of that vehicle, whose name was not released, was also killed in the crash.
Miller was pronounced dead at the scene. A second toll way worker, Kevin Standefer, 49, of LaPorte, was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Both Miller and Standefer work for LaPorte District Maintenance Area 2.
The LaPorte County-Indiana State Police say tollroad workers' pickup truck had on warning lights and a lit arrow board. There were also warning signs leading up to where Miller and Standefer were working.
Both vehicles were totaled, according to the Indiana State Police.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD