Toll road worker struck, killed by car on I-90 near Michigan City, Ind.
October 2, 2012 (MICHIGAN CITY, Ind.) (WLS) -- A maintenance worker was struck and killed by a car early Tuesday morning on I-90 near the Michigan City exit.
Daniel J. Miller, 52, of LaPorte, was a 17-year employee of the Toll Road. He was getting equipment out of the back of a pickup truck on the shoulder of the tollway when he was struck by a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe. The driver of that vehicle, whose name was not released, was also killed in the crash.
Miller was pronounced dead at the scene. A second toll way worker, Kevin Standefer, 49, of LaPorte, was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Both Miller and Standefer work for LaPorte District Maintenance Area 2.
The LaPorte County-Indiana State Police say tollroad workers' pickup truck had on warning lights and a lit arrow board. There were also warning signs leading up to where Miller and Standefer were working.
Both vehicles were totaled, according to the Indiana State Police.
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb 12 min ago
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings 1 min ago
- Man charged with making video in hospital bathroom
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook
- Event to raise awareness about missing persons
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin