Neighbor saves boy, 1, trapped in burning home
October 3, 2012 (INDIANAPOLIS) (WLS) -- An Indianapolis woman risked her own life to save a little boy who was trapped in a burning home.
The boy's mother was able to carry her other child to safety, but her 1-year-old boy was still inside.
Neighbor LaDonna Thomas and others started breaking windows, calling to the boy. She yelled for him to run to the front of the house, away from the flames. She got on her hands and knees and crawled in through the front door.
Thomas eventually scooped up the child and carried him to safety.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 15 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges 6 min ago
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago 34 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Set clocks ahead 1 hour for daylight savings
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD