Neighbor saves boy, 1, trapped in burning home
October 3, 2012 (INDIANAPOLIS) (WLS) -- An Indianapolis woman risked her own life to save a little boy who was trapped in a burning home.
The boy's mother was able to carry her other child to safety, but her 1-year-old boy was still inside.
Neighbor LaDonna Thomas and others started breaking windows, calling to the boy. She yelled for him to run to the front of the house, away from the flames. She got on her hands and knees and crawled in through the front door.
Thomas eventually scooped up the child and carried him to safety.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos