Brownsburg tracking school buses with new software
October 8, 2012 (BROWNSBURG, Ind.) (WLS) -- An Indiana town is using computer software to track every school bus.
The software would track gas mileage, idle time, speed, location and even the action of the doors.
Brownsburg school officials claim the new technology also protects the bus drivers.
Parents claim that buses sometimes skip stops. With this new real-time tracking technology, those claims could be looked up immediately. </p
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Cook County sheriff provides free child ID kits
- Some construction suspended over holiday weekend
- Couple implicated in boy's death enter plea
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- 7 in :77