Brownsburg tracking school buses with new software
October 8, 2012 (BROWNSBURG, Ind.) (WLS) -- An Indiana town is using computer software to track every school bus.
The software would track gas mileage, idle time, speed, location and even the action of the doors.
Brownsburg school officials claim the new technology also protects the bus drivers.
Parents claim that buses sometimes skip stops. With this new real-time tracking technology, those claims could be looked up immediately. </p
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner 10 min ago
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash 8 min ago
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Skokie fire lights up sky
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- 7 in 77