Sentencing Friday for Mark Weinberg, Merrillville doctor who hid in Europe
October 9, 2012 (HAMMOND, Ind.) (WLS) -- Sentencing is scheduled for Friday for former Merrillville nose doctor Mark Weinberger.
He pleaded guilty back in July to 22 counts of health care fraud.
Weinberger is accused of billing insurance companies for procedures that were not performed. He was on the run for five years and fled to the mountains of Italy where he was eventually captured.
Weinberger's attorney filed a motion Monday asking for a sentence of no more than 37 months.
With time served, Weinberger could get out of prison soon if the judge accepts the motion.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Boston Marathon 2014 begins under strong security
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash 32 min ago
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77