Sentencing Friday for Mark Weinberg, Merrillville doctor who hid in Europe
October 9, 2012 (HAMMOND, Ind.) (WLS) -- Sentencing is scheduled for Friday for former Merrillville nose doctor Mark Weinberger.
He pleaded guilty back in July to 22 counts of health care fraud.
Weinberger is accused of billing insurance companies for procedures that were not performed. He was on the run for five years and fled to the mountains of Italy where he was eventually captured.
Weinberger's attorney filed a motion Monday asking for a sentence of no more than 37 months.
With time served, Weinberger could get out of prison soon if the judge accepts the motion.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 23 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 24 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- 7 in 77
21 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
23 min ago