Sentencing Friday for Mark Weinberg, Merrillville doctor who hid in Europe
October 9, 2012 (HAMMOND, Ind.) (WLS) -- Sentencing is scheduled for Friday for former Merrillville nose doctor Mark Weinberger.
He pleaded guilty back in July to 22 counts of health care fraud.
Weinberger is accused of billing insurance companies for procedures that were not performed. He was on the run for five years and fled to the mountains of Italy where he was eventually captured.
Weinberger's attorney filed a motion Monday asking for a sentence of no more than 37 months.
With time served, Weinberger could get out of prison soon if the judge accepts the motion.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 4 min ago
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted 44 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 6 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 58 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
4 min ago
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually...
44 min ago