Man steals donation jar meant for 10-year-old cancer patient
November 2, 2012 (CROWN POINT, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police in northwest Indiana are looking for a man who stole a jar filled with donations for a 10-year-old cancer patient.
Police in Crown Point have released a surveillance picture of the suspect.
The jar was taken from The Smoke Shop, 1115 North Main Street, on Monday night.
According to police, the suspect distracted the clerk, giving him the opportunity to pick up the donation container for Austin Wielgos. The boy is fighting Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact Crown Point police.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 36 min ago
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos