Man steals donation jar meant for 10-year-old cancer patient
November 2, 2012 (CROWN POINT, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police in northwest Indiana are looking for a man who stole a jar filled with donations for a 10-year-old cancer patient.
Police in Crown Point have released a surveillance picture of the suspect.
The jar was taken from The Smoke Shop, 1115 North Main Street, on Monday night.
According to police, the suspect distracted the clerk, giving him the opportunity to pick up the donation container for Austin Wielgos. The boy is fighting Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact Crown Point police.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer