Man steals donation jar meant for 10-year-old cancer patient
November 2, 2012 (CROWN POINT, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police in northwest Indiana are looking for a man who stole a jar filled with donations for a 10-year-old cancer patient.
Police in Crown Point have released a surveillance picture of the suspect.
The jar was taken from The Smoke Shop, 1115 North Main Street, on Monday night.
According to police, the suspect distracted the clerk, giving him the opportunity to pick up the donation container for Austin Wielgos. The boy is fighting Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact Crown Point police.
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 36 min ago
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes 52 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges 25 min ago
- Man shot to death in Hammond 15 min ago
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 8 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois deficit released
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- Malaysia denies report missing plane kept flying hours after...
- Man arrested after Colorado child kidnapping, 2 carjackings
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
36 min ago
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for...
52 min ago