Only minor injuries after truck flips, breaks apart
November 5, 2012 (LOWELL, Ind.) (WLS) -- A Valparaiso man is expected to be OK after his truck flipped several times and came apart on I-65 just south of Fair Oaks.
Officials say Christopher Bradley, 35, lost control of his 1993 GMC Sonoma pickup truck just before 9 a.m. Monday near the 220 mile marker after swerving to avoid something in the road. He overcorrected after his truck left the road, and the truck rolled. The pickup's bed came off and the cab rolled several times. Bradley, who was wearing a seatbelt, was taken to a hospital to be checked out after complaining of "pain." A trooper at the scene believes the seatbelt greatly cut down on the severity of Bradley's injuries. The truck was totaled.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 1 min ago
- No $344M jackpot winners on 12/10/13 42 min ago
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 24 min ago
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side 21 min ago
- EB 80/94 closed at Cline by multi-vehicle crash
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Skokie fire lights up sky
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
24 min ago
- 7 in 77
36 min ago
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
1 min ago