Realtor sexually assaulted at Hammond house showing
December 5, 2012 (HAMMOND, Ind.) (WLS) -- A search is under way in northwest Indiana for two men who sexually assaulted a realtor as she was showing a home.
It happened Friday in the Robertsdale section of Hammond.
Police have released a sketch of one of the suspects. He is described as a Hispanic man, 5'10", 160-180 pounds, in his late 40s with a moustache that is beginning to turn gray.
The second suspect is described as in his late 20s to early 30s, with a muscular build, shaved head, and tattoos on his head.
The victim was treated and released from the hospital on Friday. Police say she is doing as well as can be expected, considering the vicious nature of the attack.
The assault happened at a previously scheduled daytime showing of a home in the 600-block of Burton Court.
"As soon as they entered into the home, the two males sexually assaulted the realtor," said Hammond Police Lt. Richard Hoyda. "In my 29 years in law enforcement I've never seen anything like this."
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Hammond Police Department: (219) 852-2966.
indiana news, theresa gutierrez
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples 3 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos