Barking dog killed by trap apparently set by neighbor
December 11, 2012 (HEBRON, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police in northwest Indiana say it appears someone took matters into their own hands to deal with a barking dog.
Police were called to a home in Hebron Saturday morning where a home owner found his pet dog with its head stuck in a trap.
The home owner tried to remove the trap, but he wasn't able to, and the dog suffocated.
Police have been called to the home numerous times for complaints about the dog's barking.
Police say the person who set the trap faces an animal cruelty charge if they are caught.
- Chemical plant explosion, fire injures 2 in Alsip 12 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- 4-year-old boy accidentally shoots himself in Gary
- I-90/94 lanes to close for bridge piers construction
- Mother charged in baby's death held on $250K bond 44 min ago
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold
- Bruno Mars is Billboard's top artist of 2013
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy