Barking dog killed by trap apparently set by neighbor
December 11, 2012 (HEBRON, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police in northwest Indiana say it appears someone took matters into their own hands to deal with a barking dog.
Police were called to a home in Hebron Saturday morning where a home owner found his pet dog with its head stuck in a trap.
The home owner tried to remove the trap, but he wasn't able to, and the dog suffocated.
Police have been called to the home numerous times for complaints about the dog's barking.
Police say the person who set the trap faces an animal cruelty charge if they are caught.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs 14 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin 32 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- London attack could be act of terrorism 50 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Tsarnaev friend killed in Orlando by FBI
- Plane with cracked windshield lands safely at Midway
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- abcnews: Arias could be 3rd woman on Death Row
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos