Man charged after alleged stabbing of 8-year-old boy
December 19, 2012 (Kentland, Ind.) (WLS) -- A man has been charged with attempted murder for allegedly stabbing an 8-year-old boy.
It happened Tuesday at a home in Kentland, Indiana, about 85 miles southeast of Chicago.
Police say when they arrived on the scene, 66-year-old Thomas Esmond told them to shoot him.
He was eventually subdued with a stun gun.
The boy was taken to a hospital in stable condition.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 40 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 3 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont 13 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
26 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
40 min ago
- 2014 International Home + Housewares Show
44 min ago