Man charged after alleged stabbing of 8-year-old boy
December 19, 2012 (Kentland, Ind.) (WLS) -- A man has been charged with attempted murder for allegedly stabbing an 8-year-old boy.
It happened Tuesday at a home in Kentland, Indiana, about 85 miles southeast of Chicago.
Police say when they arrived on the scene, 66-year-old Thomas Esmond told them to shoot him.
He was eventually subdued with a stun gun.
The boy was taken to a hospital in stable condition.
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport 32 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs 42 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- 'Frozen' takes top box office spot with $31.6M
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
38 min ago
- ABC7 To Go, December 9, 2013
9 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
42 min ago
- Happy Ditka Day! 'Da Coach' jersey to be...
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos