Man charged after alleged stabbing of 8-year-old boy
December 19, 2012 (Kentland, Ind.) (WLS) -- A man has been charged with attempted murder for allegedly stabbing an 8-year-old boy.
It happened Tuesday at a home in Kentland, Indiana, about 85 miles southeast of Chicago.
Police say when they arrived on the scene, 66-year-old Thomas Esmond told them to shoot him.
He was eventually subdued with a stun gun.
The boy was taken to a hospital in stable condition.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families 14 min ago
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting 14 min ago
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Tim McGraw surprises Orland Park veterans
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
14 min ago
- Mole de Mayo Festival
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos