One Million Moms for Gun Control Facebook page created by central Indiana mom
December 19, 2012 (ZIONSVILLE, Ind.) (WLS) -- A central Indiana mom is jumping to the forefront in the gun control movement.
Shannon Watts is a mother of five from Zionsville, just north of Indianapolis. She is rallying moms around the country to help ban assault weapons, saying the time to act is right now.
Watts created a Facebook page called One Million Moms For Gun Control.
Watts said the page has taken over her life in the past 48 hours.
More than 3,000 people have signed up and formed 20 chapters around the country.
- CPS school closures begin
- Body recovered from Lake Michigan near Oakwood 29 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos