Hammond church votes on new pastor as former pastor set for sentencing
January 13, 2012 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- The First Baptist Church of Hammond was set to vote on a new pastor Sunday.
Pastor John Wilkerson was the candidate being considered for a Sunday-night vote.
If approved, Wilkerson would replace former Pastor Jack Schaap who was fired last July.
Schaap was scheduled to be sentenced this week after pleading guilty to having sex with an underage parishioner.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 51 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings 54 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 14 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 20 min ago
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty...
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos