Crawfordsville hostage situation ends when man surrenders
January 14, 2013 (CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind.) -- A man accused of holding a woman hostage in a storage unit surrendered to police following an hours-long standoff.
Thirty-seven-year-old John Blake Peterman was arrested Sunday in Crawfordsville. He was being held at the Montgomery County Jail on two counts of criminal confinement and on suspicion of criminal recklessness with a weapon.
The Journal & Courier reports Peterman called 911 early Sunday and said he was holding a hostage but did not want to hurt anyone.
Police negotiated with Peterman until the woman was released about 5:30 a.m. Sunday. Officers learned at that time that a second female hostage had escaped from the storage unit before Peterman called 911.
Peterman surrendered to police about six hours after releasing the woman.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash 39 min ago
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Former suburban Dominick's to become Piggly Wiggly 48 min ago
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1 42 min ago
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 17 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...
- John Hancock observatory to Tilt
43 min ago