Crawfordsville hostage situation ends when man surrenders
January 14, 2013 (CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind.) -- A man accused of holding a woman hostage in a storage unit surrendered to police following an hours-long standoff.
Thirty-seven-year-old John Blake Peterman was arrested Sunday in Crawfordsville. He was being held at the Montgomery County Jail on two counts of criminal confinement and on suspicion of criminal recklessness with a weapon.
The Journal & Courier reports Peterman called 911 early Sunday and said he was holding a hostage but did not want to hurt anyone.
Police negotiated with Peterman until the woman was released about 5:30 a.m. Sunday. Officers learned at that time that a second female hostage had escaped from the storage unit before Peterman called 911.
Peterman surrendered to police about six hours after releasing the woman.
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 41 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 28 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest 3 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station 17 min ago
- Astronauts sail through repair spacewalks aboard ISS
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
28 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos