Mourners honor East Chicago guardsman shot fatally in car
February 10, 2013 (EAST CHICAGO, Ind.) (WLS) -- Friends and family remembered an East Chicago, Ind., man who was shot to death after returning from Afghanistan with the Indiana National Guard.
Visitation for Sgt. Willie Cook, 25, took place Sunday. His funeral was set for Monday.
Cook was in his car in front of his grandmother's house when he was killed last Saturday. His toddler son was in the back seat and was wounded in the shooting.
Investigators believe the shooting may have been a case of mistaken identity.
- Police officer shot in Arlington Heights 6 min ago
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 41 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines 41 min ago
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Michael Jordan shoes from Finals sell for $104K
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
41 min ago