Mourners honor East Chicago guardsman shot fatally in car
February 10, 2013 (EAST CHICAGO, Ind.) (WLS) -- Friends and family remembered an East Chicago, Ind., man who was shot to death after returning from Afghanistan with the Indiana National Guard.
Visitation for Sgt. Willie Cook, 25, took place Sunday. His funeral was set for Monday.
Cook was in his car in front of his grandmother's house when he was killed last Saturday. His toddler son was in the back seat and was wounded in the shooting.
Investigators believe the shooting may have been a case of mistaken identity.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand