Mourners honor East Chicago guardsman shot fatally in car
February 10, 2013 (EAST CHICAGO, Ind.) (WLS) -- Friends and family remembered an East Chicago, Ind., man who was shot to death after returning from Afghanistan with the Indiana National Guard.
Visitation for Sgt. Willie Cook, 25, took place Sunday. His funeral was set for Monday.
Cook was in his car in front of his grandmother's house when he was killed last Saturday. His toddler son was in the back seat and was wounded in the shooting.
Investigators believe the shooting may have been a case of mistaken identity.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 1 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap