On Indy school's wall: 'College Or Die'
February 18, 2013 (INDIANAPOLIS) (WLS) -- A school in Indianapolis is not taking no for an answer.
Charles Tindley Accelerated School expects to get every student into college.
On the school wall, the words "College Or Die" written in big capital letters.
The words may seem a little harsh for some, but school administrators say it's all about motivation.
Most of the students at the school live at or below the poverty line, so the school's chancellor calls higher education the difference between opportunity and oppression.
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas? 30 min ago
- 3 dolphins pregnant at Brookfield Zoo
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Expanded World News tonight
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act' 10 min ago
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death 21 min ago
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison 58 min ago
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 3 min ago
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
3 min ago
- Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
30 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos