Ed Asner hospitalized for exhaustion, released from Chicago-area hospital
March 14, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Actor Ed Asner was released from a Chicago-area hospital Thursday after being hospitalized for exhaustion, Asner's publicist Charles Sherman told ABC7 News.
The 83-year-old former "Mary Tyler Moore Show" star was taken off stage while performing at the Marquette Pavilion in Gary, Ind., on Tuesday night, Sherman said.
Asner was taken by ambulance to a Chicago-area hospital, according to Sherman.
Asner has been touring the nation portraying President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in a one-man show "FDR" for over three years.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 21 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 22 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- 7 in 77
19 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
21 min ago