Death of Hammond woman who disappeared in 1999 ruled homicide
March 14, 2013 (HAMMOND, Ind.) -- The death of a woman who disappeared in 1999 has now been ruled a homicide.
The remains of Francine Carlson were found in October 2011 in Hammond, Indiana. They were identified last year.
The Lake County, Indiana, coroner has determined she died from skull fractures caused by blunt force trauma.
The Northwest Indiana Times reports police think she was killed by an acquaintance who has since died.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos