Freight train derailment scene OK; South Shore train service resumes
March 30, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- South Shore train service has resumed after it was suspended temporarily due to a freight train derailment in Gary, Ind., Saturday.
The CN trian derailment happened at Broadway north of the South Shore tracks.
Hazmet crews responded to the scene and directed that train service be halted unti it was determined that the area was safe.
Officials say South Shore service resumed with the departure of westbound train 504 scheduled to arrive in Chicago at 10:16 am.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups 27 min ago
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos