Freight train derailment scene OK; South Shore train service resumes
March 30, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- South Shore train service has resumed after it was suspended temporarily due to a freight train derailment in Gary, Ind., Saturday.
The CN trian derailment happened at Broadway north of the South Shore tracks.
Hazmet crews responded to the scene and directed that train service be halted unti it was determined that the area was safe.
Officials say South Shore service resumed with the departure of westbound train 504 scheduled to arrive in Chicago at 10:16 am.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen 48 min ago
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- ABC7 to Go Digital Newscast April 18, 2014
54 min ago