Gary's South Shore Air Show canceled
April 2, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- This year's South Shore Air show in Gary, Indiana, has been cancelled because of lack of funds.
The announcement was made Tuesday.
The South Shore Convention and Visitors Authority says the show has been canceled due to the government's sequestration measures, resulting in cuts of the federal budget.
The show was supposed to take place July 12 - July 14.
The Chicago Air and Water Show will run as scheduled August 17-18, however it will likely look different because of the sequester.
As reported in March, the Air Force has canceled all air show appearances and fly-overs not related to combat readiness.
So, unless congress can reach an agreement, the Thunderbirds won't make their usual appearance.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant