Gary's South Shore Air Show canceled
April 2, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- This year's South Shore Air show in Gary, Indiana, has been cancelled because of lack of funds.
The announcement was made Tuesday.
The South Shore Convention and Visitors Authority says the show has been canceled due to the government's sequestration measures, resulting in cuts of the federal budget.
The show was supposed to take place July 12 - July 14.
The Chicago Air and Water Show will run as scheduled August 17-18, however it will likely look different because of the sequester.
As reported in March, the Air Force has canceled all air show appearances and fly-overs not related to combat readiness.
So, unless congress can reach an agreement, the Thunderbirds won't make their usual appearance.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos