Man dies after being rescued from Hammond house fire
May 5, 2013 (HAMMOND, Ind.) (WLS) -- An elderly man rescued from a burning home in Indiana has died.
Roy Krieger, 85, and two others were pulled from the home in the 4200-block of Torrence Saturday afternoon.
Officials say Krieger was initially taken to the hospital without a pulse but was revived. However, they say he died from his injuries Saturday night.
An 11-year old boy and a 55-year-old were also taken to the hospital.
The cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 52 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 18 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 24 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge 29 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
32 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
52 min ago