Kayaker rescued near East Chicago, Ind.
May 11, 2013 (EAST CHICAGO, Ind.) (WLS) -- A stranded kayaker was rescued from Lake Michigan near Pastrick Marina in East Chicago, Ind.
At 11:45 a.m., the U.S. Coastguard word was received that a kayaker was stranded near the break wall in the East Chicago Harbor. A 25-foot rescue boat was sent. The kayaker's paddle had broken, and the vessel was being pushed against the break wall. He had no way of getting to shore, according to the Coast Guard.
Officials were able to transport the kayaker and the kayak to safety.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Man shot in Lincoln Square 36 min ago
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass 9 min ago
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos