Kayaker rescued near East Chicago, Ind.
May 11, 2013 (EAST CHICAGO, Ind.) (WLS) -- A stranded kayaker was rescued from Lake Michigan near Pastrick Marina in East Chicago, Ind.
At 11:45 a.m., the U.S. Coastguard word was received that a kayaker was stranded near the break wall in the East Chicago Harbor. A 25-foot rescue boat was sent. The kayaker's paddle had broken, and the vessel was being pushed against the break wall. He had no way of getting to shore, according to the Coast Guard.
Officials were able to transport the kayaker and the kayak to safety.
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 14 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 1 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Astronauts sail through repair spacewalks aboard ISS
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
1 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos