Indiana waitress gets $446 tip on $5.97 bill
May 18, 2013 (MADISON, Wis.) (WLS) -- An Indiana waitress is smiling from ear to ear thanks to a rather generous tip.
CeCe Bruce is a waitress at the Steak 'n Shake in Indianapolis, and earlier this week, she received a $446 tip on a bill that totaled $5.97.
The part time college student says she initially thought it was only $46, which by itself would have been a large tip.
The $446 tip is a gratuity of over 7,000 percent. "I didn't think i was worth $400 but, you know, she feels I am," said Bruce.
As for how Bruce plans to spend the money -- she intends to use it to pay bills.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in 32 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club 29 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot