Shooting involving police outside Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana
May 20, 2013 (MERRILLVILLE, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police officers shot a man outside of the Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana on Monday.
A clinic spokesperson said an off-duty police officer, who works as security at the facility, was giving the man a citation for an illegally parked semi trailer.
Both the off-duty officer and the man were treated at a hospital. The shooting victim was not associated with the clinic.
No one inside the facility was injured.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 31 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL 28 min ago
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse 34 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing 18 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death 4 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77