Shooting involving police outside Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana
May 20, 2013 (MERRILLVILLE, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police officers shot a man outside of the Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana on Monday.
A clinic spokesperson said an off-duty police officer, who works as security at the facility, was giving the man a citation for an illegally parked semi trailer.
Both the off-duty officer and the man were treated at a hospital. The shooting victim was not associated with the clinic.
No one inside the facility was injured.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 46 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 51 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1 21 min ago
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released 29 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos