80-year-old vet receives H.S. diploma
June 10, 2013 (FORT WAYNE, Ind.) (WLS) -- A northeast Indiana man finally gets his high school diploma after waiting more than six decades.
Eighty-year old Leroy Blessing can now call himself a high school graduate.
The Fort Wayne, Indiana man dropped out of high school his junior year to join the Marines.
He served during the Korean War and had two tours in Vietnam.
U.S. Department of Veteran affairs helped blessing go back to school and meet his requirements to finally graduate.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after Bellwood shooting 52 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults 51 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after...
52 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled...
51 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos