80-year-old vet receives H.S. diploma
June 10, 2013 (FORT WAYNE, Ind.) (WLS) -- A northeast Indiana man finally gets his high school diploma after waiting more than six decades.
Eighty-year old Leroy Blessing can now call himself a high school graduate.
The Fort Wayne, Indiana man dropped out of high school his junior year to join the Marines.
He served during the Korean War and had two tours in Vietnam.
U.S. Department of Veteran affairs helped blessing go back to school and meet his requirements to finally graduate.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 59 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer 49 min ago
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party 37 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
59 min ago