Ind. woman, Endia Rivera, 28, charged in Gary machete attack
June 20, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- A northwest Indiana woman is charged with attempted murder, battery and other felony counts in the machete attack of a woman in Gary.
Endia Rivera, 28, is accused of attacking 30-year-old Angela Carrier as she walked near 45th Avenue and Georgia Street a week ago.
According to an affidavit, Rivera started swinging a machete and shouting at Carrier to stop looking at her man.
Carrier then fell to the ground.
She was hospitalized with several injuries, including cuts to her arms, head, hands and back.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 13 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine 17 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela 37 min ago
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- Styrofoam product ban proposed in Chicago
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
13 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe...
17 min ago