Officials: 3 people confirmed dead after shooting in Gary, Ind.
June 23, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Officials said three people were found shot to death in Gary, Ind., shortly after midnight Sunday.
The victims' bodies were found in the 5800 block of 13th Place, Gary police said.
The deceased have been identified by the Lake County Coroner as Antonio Dove, 27; Briean Jiles, 22; and Michael Andrews, 34.
Witness Gloria Andrews, who identified herself as the mother of the one of the deceased, said she heard about 15 gunshots, then the sounds of women screaming and crying. She then saw police cars and the bodies outside of a home.
"I called 911 and they did come. I came out the back door and noticed a lot of gunshots and then three bodies on the ground. One was my son," Andrews said.
By Sunday morning, the scene had been cleared, but a small memorial could be seen in front of a home.
Witnesses and family members said the incident stemmed from a conflict between two groups of people and resulted in a drive-by shooting, although police did not verify that information.
Family members say Jiles and Andrews were standing outside with friends when a car pulled up and shots were fired. They claim that one of the shooters also died.
While police did confirm those details or provide a motive, they did say there is no one in custody.
indiana news, diane pathieu
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...