Mistrial declared in trial of Jason Cozmanoff
June 25, 2013 (LAKE COUNTY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Jury selection got underway Monday in Lake County, Indiana for the trial of Jason Cozmanoff.
Jury selection had only begun Monday for Jason Cozmanoff, but Tuesday morning, the judge declared a mistrial because one of the potential jurors said he may have actually seen the accident happen.
Cozmanoff is charged with multiple felonies in connection with a crash in March 2012 that killed corrections officer Britney Meux and injured the other officers.
The officers were hit while jogging near the Lake County government center.
Attorneys will be back in court next week to set a new trial date.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Let's Dish: German Apple Pancakes
56 min ago