Mistrial declared in trial of Jason Cozmanoff
June 25, 2013 (LAKE COUNTY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Jury selection got underway Monday in Lake County, Indiana for the trial of Jason Cozmanoff.
Jury selection had only begun Monday for Jason Cozmanoff, but Tuesday morning, the judge declared a mistrial because one of the potential jurors said he may have actually seen the accident happen.
Cozmanoff is charged with multiple felonies in connection with a crash in March 2012 that killed corrections officer Britney Meux and injured the other officers.
The officers were hit while jogging near the Lake County government center.
Attorneys will be back in court next week to set a new trial date.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 42 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured 4 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 9 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked 22 min ago
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe 40 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 28 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich's wife Patti 'feeling hopeful' for appeal
- Alleged robber shot, killed by store owner ID'd
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash 4 min ago
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
42 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture...
28 min ago
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our...
40 min ago