Mount Baldy closed indefinitely, under investigation
July 16, 2013 (WLS) -- Mount Baldy in the Indiana dunes will remain closed indefinitely as investigators try to figure out what caused a mysterious cavern in the sand that swallowed a six-year-old boy last Friday.
One theory is that the sand condition was caused by a decomposed tree.
Park officials believe the rest of the dunes are safe.
lake michigan, indiana news
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus