Mount Baldy closed indefinitely, under investigation
July 16, 2013 (WLS) -- Mount Baldy in the Indiana dunes will remain closed indefinitely as investigators try to figure out what caused a mysterious cavern in the sand that swallowed a six-year-old boy last Friday.
One theory is that the sand condition was caused by a decomposed tree.
Park officials believe the rest of the dunes are safe.
lake michigan, indiana news
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 58 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
34 min ago