Boy rescued from dunes upgraded to good condition
July 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Six-year-old Nathan Woessner has been upgraded to good condition just a little over a week after he became trapped under the sand at the Indiana Dunes.
Doctors at Comer Children's Hospital say he continues to improve. His grandfather told us yesterday that Nathan was able to get out of bed and walk with a little help.
Last Friday, he was rescued after being trapped under 11 feet of sand for three hours.
His grandfather is a pastor and will talk about the boy's survival during his sermon Sunday.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- World mourns Nelson Mandela
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found 17 min ago
- Illinois pension bill private signing questioned
- Local teams playing for Pop Warner football championships
- Chicago speed cameras added on North, South Sides
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Hanover Park man charged with indecent solicitation gets $250K...
- Loop attorney, nephew charged with sex assault of man
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas