Boy rescued from dunes upgraded to good condition
July 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Six-year-old Nathan Woessner has been upgraded to good condition just a little over a week after he became trapped under the sand at the Indiana Dunes.
Doctors at Comer Children's Hospital say he continues to improve. His grandfather told us yesterday that Nathan was able to get out of bed and walk with a little help.
Last Friday, he was rescued after being trapped under 11 feet of sand for three hours.
His grandfather is a pastor and will talk about the boy's survival during his sermon Sunday.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 9 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 56 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 1 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
9 min ago