Girl in Gary attacked waiting for school bus
August 22, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police are looking the people who attacked a girl as she waited for a school bus in Gary Indiana.
This happened Wednesday near 24th Avenue and Gerry Street.
Kayla reed and several other children were at the bus stop when they were approached by four people who demanded their money and cell phones.
Reed says she told the group she didn't have either.
A woman then grabbed her by the hair and started punching her.
Surveillance video shows the attackers driving away and Kayla going for help.
"We will find them and hopefully they'll get locked up and put in jail for assaulting me," Kayla said. "They don't get to assault another kid or rob anybody else."
Despite the attack, Reed cleaned herself up and went on to school.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash 22 min ago
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Former suburban Dominick's to become Piggly Wiggly 31 min ago
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1 25 min ago
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...
- John Hancock observatory to Tilt
26 min ago