Michael Jackson's hometown Gary, Ind. hosts 3-day celebration
August 29, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- A three-day celebration of singer Michael Jackson's life is underway in his hometown. His mother and two sons attended the kickoff.
It's taking place outside the Gary, Indiana home where Jackson lived as a child.
Organizers say Jackson's mother Katherine wanted to give back to the Jackson's home town while honoring her son. She watched Thursday's performers along with her grandsons, Prince and Blanket.
A photo exhibit that includes rare images of Michael Jackson and The Jackson Five has also opened this week in Gary. Thursday would have been the King of Pop's 55th birthday.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 27 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing 57 min ago
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp 48 min ago
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery 35 min ago
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass 48 min ago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- Ready For Spring Planting
29 min ago
- Daily Herald: Aspiring Park Ranger
32 min ago