Mount Baldy dunes investigation concludes
September 3, 2013 (MICHIGAN CITY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Investigators at Mount Baldy have wrapped up their probe at the dune, but won't know for sure for several weeks what caused it to collapse.
Earlier this summer, 6-year-old Nathan Woessner fell into a hole in the dune and was buried in sand for several hours.
The environmental protection agency scanned 42 acres of the dune to look for more traps.
Mount Baldy remains closed pending the results of the investigation.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood 2 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 13 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids 54 min ago
- Employees, customers prepare for Dominick's final days
- Midlothian's The Tint Shop burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
13 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos