Mount Baldy dunes investigation concludes
September 3, 2013 (MICHIGAN CITY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Investigators at Mount Baldy have wrapped up their probe at the dune, but won't know for sure for several weeks what caused it to collapse.
Earlier this summer, 6-year-old Nathan Woessner fell into a hole in the dune and was buried in sand for several hours.
The environmental protection agency scanned 42 acres of the dune to look for more traps.
Mount Baldy remains closed pending the results of the investigation.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 57 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings 53 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Man shot in Lincoln Square 25 min ago
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos