Police investigate Gary man's body found in wife's trunk
September 5, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- A mysterious death in Gary, Indiana, is being investigated on Thursday. A Gary man's body is found in the trunk of his wife's car. At this point, police are not calling it a homicide.
Patrick Bush's body was found in the trunk of the car on Wednesday. It's unclear how his body got inside the vehicle.
The Lake County coroner has not determined a cause of death. Gary police say there are no obvious signs, like gunshot wounds, that would prove Bush was killed.
It's been 14 years since Patrick Bush's wedding day, they've known each other years. So when he was missing three days this week, her instinct kicked in.
"Down in my spirit was telling me something was wrong," said Tamilya Bush, victim's wife.
Tamilya Bush says she last saw her husband early Sunday morning, he left their home, and they talked on the phone an hour later.
"I wasn't worried because he sounded OK, he sounded all right," said Tamilya Bush.
On Sunday afternoon, Gary police say a Cadillac was illegally parked on the street, and had it towed. Tamilya Bush was with their children. On Wednesday, she filed a missing persons report. Police noticed the missing car was the same one they had towed. Police went to the tow yard and found Bush's body in the trunk of the car.
"We don't have any answers, we still have a lot of questions, and the detectives are doing what they can," said Joan Gibson, victim's sister.
To top it off, Bush's older brother was killed in 1991. That's why, at this point, Bush's 80-year-old mother still does not know of his death.
"This is second fold for my mother. She does not deserve this, we don't deserve this, nobody deserves this," said Gibson.
Family is waiting for Bush's mother to return from Arizona before they tell her about Bush's death. At this point, police say it does not appear that a crime has been committed.
The coroner's office expects to release more information Friday.
indiana news, stacey baca
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 14 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death 59 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka 50 min ago
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77