House explodes in Lowell, Indiana near 181st, I-65
September 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A house exploded Monday night in the northwest Indiana city of Lowell.
Chopper7 HD was live over the scene as emergency crews responded.
The explosion took place after 7 p.m. Monday in Lowell off 181st Street near Interstate 65.
State police told ABC7 at least one home was leveled in the explosion and another is on fire.
No word on any injuries just yet or on what may have caused the explosion.
Stay tuned to ABC7 for more on this developing story.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD