House explodes in Lowell, Indiana near 181st, I-65
September 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A house exploded Monday night in the northwest Indiana city of Lowell.
Chopper7 HD was live over the scene as emergency crews responded.
The explosion took place after 7 p.m. Monday in Lowell off 181st Street near Interstate 65.
State police told ABC7 at least one home was leveled in the explosion and another is on fire.
No word on any injuries just yet or on what may have caused the explosion.
Stay tuned to ABC7 for more on this developing story.
- LIVE Coverage of Nelson Mandela Memorial 39 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5 26 min ago
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913