Teen struck, killed by train in Gary
September 12, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- A 15-year old is struck by a freight train and killed when he and another teenager were attempting to cross the tracks in northwest Indiana at the time.
It happened Wednesday at 41st and Delaware in Gary.
A 17-year old made it across the tracks safely but Diquan Thomas was struck and later died at an area hospital.
Thomas was a freshman at Lew Wallace High School in Gary.
Family members describe him as a loving person.
"He was just so fun, energetic like he would come in a room and he would just brighten up the room, make you laugh," said Thomas' brother, Ontario Frazier
Gary police and officials with the Norfolk Southern Railroad are investigating.
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights standoff
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party