Teen struck, killed by train in Gary
September 12, 2013 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- A 15-year old is struck by a freight train and killed when he and another teenager were attempting to cross the tracks in northwest Indiana at the time.
It happened Wednesday at 41st and Delaware in Gary.
A 17-year old made it across the tracks safely but Diquan Thomas was struck and later died at an area hospital.
Thomas was a freshman at Lew Wallace High School in Gary.
Family members describe him as a loving person.
"He was just so fun, energetic like he would come in a room and he would just brighten up the room, make you laugh," said Thomas' brother, Ontario Frazier
Gary police and officials with the Norfolk Southern Railroad are investigating.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 16 min ago
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child 34 min ago
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- abcnews: 'Ashamed' Ferry Captain Among 1st to... 9 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos