Lake Co. Ind. sheriff's officer accused in sex assault
September 23, 2013 (LOWELL, Ind.) (WLS) -- The Indiana State Police are investigating sex assault accusations against a Lake County sheriff's officer.
Indiana State Police say the officer has been put on administrative leave, but the Lake County Sheriff's Department had no comment.
An Ind. State Police spokeswoman says the assault allegedly took place Thursday in Lowell, Ind.
Investigators would not release the officer's name.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos