LaPorte students offered free heart screenings after linebacker Jack West died from undiagnosed heart problem
October 18, 2013 (LAPORTE, Ind.) -- Student athletes in LA Porte, Indiana are being offered free heart screenings.
This comes after high school linebacker Jake West died after collapsing at football practice from an undiagnosed heart problem last month.
The screenings will be held at the IU Health LA Porte Hospital.
Jake West was only 17 years old when he died September 25.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Former suburban Dominick's to become Piggly Wiggly
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...