LaPorte students offered free heart screenings after linebacker Jack West died from undiagnosed heart problem
October 18, 2013 (LAPORTE, Ind.) -- Student athletes in LA Porte, Indiana are being offered free heart screenings.
This comes after high school linebacker Jake West died after collapsing at football practice from an undiagnosed heart problem last month.
The screenings will be held at the IU Health LA Porte Hospital.
Jake West was only 17 years old when he died September 25.
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover 37 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 20-40 injured at partial London theater collapse 11 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus