LaPorte students offered free heart screenings after linebacker Jack West died from undiagnosed heart problem
October 18, 2013 (LAPORTE, Ind.) -- Student athletes in LA Porte, Indiana are being offered free heart screenings.
This comes after high school linebacker Jake West died after collapsing at football practice from an undiagnosed heart problem last month.
The screenings will be held at the IU Health LA Porte Hospital.
Jake West was only 17 years old when he died September 25.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury 18 min ago
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House 59 min ago
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...