LaPorte students offered free heart screenings after linebacker Jack West died from undiagnosed heart problem
October 18, 2013 (LAPORTE, Ind.) -- Student athletes in LA Porte, Indiana are being offered free heart screenings.
This comes after high school linebacker Jake West died after collapsing at football practice from an undiagnosed heart problem last month.
The screenings will be held at the IU Health LA Porte Hospital.
Jake West was only 17 years old when he died September 25.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 3 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say 39 min ago
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released 56 min ago
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up 9 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail 33 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
3 min ago