Indiana University stabbing: 2 suspects charged after student stabbed on campus
October 27, 2013 (BLOOMINGTON, Ind.) (WLS) -- Indiana University officials say two students have been arrested and charged in connection with a stabbing that injured another student at a campus apartment building Sunday.
According to police, one 20-year-old male student was in the hospital after being stabbed in the back during a fight at a campus apartment at 3:30 a.m. Capt. Laury Flint told The Associated Press that the man was taken to IU Hospital in Bloomington, but did not identify him further. His injuries were not life-threatening.
University spokesman Mark Land said Sunday campus police arrested 21-year-old Kaiyu Lao and 18-year-old Zesen Shen at the Tulip Tree Apartments in Bloomington. Land said campus police charged Shen with intimidation and battery and Lao with intimidation.
Early Sunday morning, university alerts were posted to Twitter warning students about individuals with knives on campus and asking them to stay in their rooms with doors and windows locked until officials gave the 'all clear.'
That all clear came at approximatley 7 a.m. when school officials tweeted an update indicating police had determined there was no danger to anyone else on campus.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 33 min ago
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George 34 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout 23 min ago
- Bulls fans ready for start of playoffs
32 min ago