Jason Aldean bus, en route to Ill., fatally strikes pedestrian
October 28, 2013 (WLS) -- A country singer's tour ends on a sad note as the bus carrying Jason Aldean struck and killed a pedestrian Monday in Indiana.
According to a spokesman, Aldean was the only passenger on the bus at the time of the accident. He was being taken to illinois for vacation following the last date of his tour.
Authorities say Albert Kennedy walked into the middle of the road and was hit by the bus. A coroner pronounced him dead at the scene.
In a statement issued online, Aldean said, "In all the years I've been touring and all the miles we've driven, nothing prepares you for something like this to happen. I'm praying for Albert Kennedy's family and friends today and ask that you do the same."
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking