Indianapolis man arrested after explosive tennis ball found
November 21, 2013 (INDIANAPOLIS) -- Police say a 20-year-old Indianapolis man was arrested after investigators found a tennis ball filled with explosive powder and BB pellets in his bedroom.
Neal Grubbs was jailed on preliminary charges of possessing a destructive device after his arrest Tuesday. The Indianapolis Star reports investigators went to his home on the city's west side after a 911 caller reported that Grubbs planned to set off the tennis ball bombs in two suburban movie theaters.
Police spokeswoman Officer Nicole Headlee say investigators took the report seriously to stop any potential attack.
Grubbs' mother told WTHR-TV and WRTV that she believes the tennis ball was left in their home by a former friend of her son who then called police to seek revenge after a fight.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies 7 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 4 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti 26 min ago
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- CPD adds bikes to "Operation Impact" foot...
4 min ago
- 7 in :77