Indianapolis man arrested after explosive tennis ball found
November 21, 2013 (INDIANAPOLIS) -- Police say a 20-year-old Indianapolis man was arrested after investigators found a tennis ball filled with explosive powder and BB pellets in his bedroom.
Neal Grubbs was jailed on preliminary charges of possessing a destructive device after his arrest Tuesday. The Indianapolis Star reports investigators went to his home on the city's west side after a 911 caller reported that Grubbs planned to set off the tennis ball bombs in two suburban movie theaters.
Police spokeswoman Officer Nicole Headlee say investigators took the report seriously to stop any potential attack.
Grubbs' mother told WTHR-TV and WRTV that she believes the tennis ball was left in their home by a former friend of her son who then called police to seek revenge after a fight.
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges 55 min ago
- Man shot to death in Hammond 45 min ago
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting 27 min ago
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- I-Team: Illinois deficit released
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- Malaysia denies report missing plane kept flying hours after...
- Man arrested after Colorado child kidnapping, 2 carjackings
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping