Minooka woman dead, 4 injured in Hammond crash
November 24, 2013 (HAMMOND, Ind.) (WLS) -- A car accident left a southwest suburban woman dead and four others wounded in Hammond, Ind., over the weekend.
A 23-year-old man driver struck the car head on early Sunday near the 3500-hundred block of Sheffield Avenue.
Police say 29-year old Jill Rasco of Minooka was ejected from the car she was ridding in with some friends. She suffered blunt force trauma and later died.
Four others in the car were hurt, two critically. The drivers of both vehicles suffered non-life threatening injuries
Police say alcohol may have been a factor in the crash.
Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this story.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits