Trial begins in death of Indiana officer; Jason Cozmanoff charged with felonies connected to 2012 crash that killed Officer Brittany Meux
December 2, 2013 (LAKE COUNTY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Opening arguments in the trail of a man accused of accidentally killing an Indiana Corrections officer are underway Monday.
Jason Cozmanoff's initial trial in the case ended with the judge declaring a mistrial during jury selection.
The 43-year-old Cozmanoff is charged with multiple felonies connected to the March 2012 crash that killed Officer Brittany Meux and left three other officer injured.
The officers were hit while jogging near the Lake County Government Center.
The earlier mistrial ruling came after a potential juror admitted he had actually seen the accident happen.
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- BNSF Metra trains stopped between Cicero, Western 1 min ago
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher found OK 19 min ago
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica 32 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Tractor stolen from Beecher exotic-animal shelter
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos